Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Let Your Soul Be Your Pilot

I woke up the other morning with Sting's song "Let Your Soul Be Your Pilot" playing in my head. I have said previously that these things have become very common since my father passed on so I paid no attention per usual~ however the song just stayed there right in my mind's eye and I finally gave in. Not to mention I think I may have heard this song once or twice before in my life!!! ( on a side note I once woke up with just one part of an instrumental to a song and I spent the morning scouring I Tunes for the John Mayer song ~ it was imperative :)   Back on track we go ~ so my question is what does this Sting song have to do with me? OBVIOUSLY I am not letting my soul guide me huh?

I began to reflect on the times I truly have let my soul guide me, and there are not very many. Moving away from home, saying yes to my husband's proposal, and walking into my Yoga Teacher Training program are the 3 that stick out the most~only 3 times???? Seriously? Ugh
 I would like to believe that my soul guided me most often as a child but as I have aged I have quieted that voice so many times that it had become a distant memory. Which is part of the reason I am here writing today my soul's voice is back it has taken a good 6 years to get it but it is here and now it wants to lead so I say ~ Please go right ahead!!!

I knew at the age of 13 I was moving to North Carolina, there was absolutely no rational behind this knowing, when asked why I had chosen North Carolina I explained  it was because it is green. I figured it was warmer than Michigan too so that was it. I look back on that knowing at 34 and see that my soul was leading that arrangement. I had never been to North Carolina but knew in my entire being this was where I was headed the first chance I got ~ I was never fearful of the how, the when or why but just knew, and it felt fantastic. So with the very first chance I got I moved at 17 to go to college and have never gone back. My knowing was so strong in fact my ego finally started knocking on its door, because the truth is I was not happy here and could not figure out why in god's name did I have to come here? I created several options to leave and start a different life but something held me here....I now know my soul mate was there on that campus and although we had continued to cross paths the final path had not happened and I needed to stay for that. The irony is our final encounter was 2 months before graduation~ if I had known it would take that long my Sophmore year I so would have bailed! ha ha ha This is what I know exists when you follow your heart and soul and yet Fear still rears its ugly little head. After an experience like this happening to me why or why would I ever have doubt? Could it be the years of programming through Fear?

Thinking about it brings butterflies to the stomach but that just means I need to continue diving in. I yearn for that awesome place of peace that I had when I Knew where I was going , when my soul was my pilot and facing these fears is part of the path a BIG part of the path!

What times in your life did your soul guide you, just the heart and soul, the mind may be exempt from this question....?

Shine On

Kate



No comments:

Post a Comment