Friday, March 15, 2013

Have a Little Faith In Me

Lately I have found myself a tad stunned by the lack of faith I seem to have towards mankind. In reflecting back on my life this would make sense, people have disappointed me but if we are human then this would be part of the territory right? I wonder "how" I viewed mankind before and perhaps even now?

My faith has always been a part of me, it has comforted, provided a safe net to heal and definitely helped push me to carry on when I did not have many resources left to turn to. Have I been living with a disconnect between the two? Have I been holding people up to a certain level of standard? Perhaps one that is too high?  Do I have any standard for people or do I expect nothing? Or could it be there is no separation and therefore I expect the same from people as I do God? If the latter is the truth than crap I do not know anyone who could sustain that level of standard? It appears I have some serious inquiry into how I see my fellow kind.

All of this inquiry has been prompted by my youngest son  who has been my constant source of learning in regards to relying on and trusting other people, it is an uncomfortable place for me to be. In order to do this you have to leave room to be disappointed or this is how it seems right now. One of my big rules has been to have no expectations so that you will not be left disappointed~ but now I question how much of myself I actually put into the experience? If protection from disappointment has been a type of trigger how am I present, you have to bring some of yourself to be present right? While writing this I have spun myself into a tizzy...this web is very tangled and sticky!!! There is sorting out that needs to be done in order to reach some sort of level of clarity.....because at the moment I am lost in the muck of confusion.

What about you? Do you trust people as a rule of thumb, do you live your life with a sense of faith in others? How do you get over disappointment?

Namaste







No comments:

Post a Comment